PlaneSpottingWorld welcomes all new members! Please gives your ideas at the Terminal.
Embraer EMB 121 Xingu
The Embraer EMB 121 Xingu is a twin-turboprop fixed-wing aircraft built by the Brazilian aircraft manufacturer, Embraer. The design of this plane is based on the EMB 110 Bandeirante, borrowing its wing and engine design merged with an all-new fuselage. The EMB 121 first flew on October 10, 1976 and entered service on May 20, 1977 in both military and civil roles.
Before production ceased in August 1987, Embraer had produced 106 EMB 121 aircraft, 51 of which were exported to countries outside Brazil. Today the French Air Force is the largest operator with 43 aircraft still in service.
- VU-9 - Brazilian Air Force version.
- EMB 121A Xingu I
- EMB 121A1 Xingu II
- EMB 121V Xingu III
Specifications (EMB 121 Xingu II)
- Crew: 2
- Capacity: 8 or 9 passengers
- Length: 12.3 m (40 ft 3 in)
- Wingspan: 14.1 m (46 ft 2 in)
- Height: 4.8 m (15 ft 10 in)
- Empty: 3,620 kg (7,960 lb)
- Loaded: 5670 kg (12.500 lb)
- Maximum takeoff: 5,670 kg (12,500 lb)
- Powerplant: 2× Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-28 turboprops, 680 shp (630 kW) each on Xingu I and Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-135 turboprops, 750 shp on Xingu II
- Maximum speed: 465 km/h (289 mph)
- Range: 2,278 km (1,415 miles)
- Service ceiling: 7,925 m (26,000 ft)Xingú I and 8,535 m (28,000 ft) Xingú II
- Rate of climb: 549 m/min (1,800 ft/min)
- Wing loading: lb/ft² ( kg/m²)
- EMB-121 information at Airliners.net
- Endres, Gunter and Gething, Mike. (2002). Aircraft Recognition Guide, (2nd Ed.). New York: Harper Collins Publishers. ISBN 0-00-713721-4
Comparable aircraft: Beechcraft King Air
Agricultural: EMB 202 Ipanema
Not developed: CBA 123 Vector
|General||Timeline of aviation · Aircraft · Aircraft manufacturers · Aircraft engines · Aircraft engine manufacturers · Airports · Airlines|
|Military||Air forces · Aircraft weapons · Missiles · Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) · Experimental aircraft|
|Military aviation · Airliners · General aviation · Famous aviation-related deaths|
|Records||Flight airspeed record · Flight distance record · Flight altitude record · Flight endurance record · Most produced aircraft|