The MH02 was an experimental business jet built by Honda, in cooperation with Mississippi State University, to research engine placement and composite construction. The prototype was completed in 1992, making its first flight on March 51993.
The MH02 was never intended for production, but was nonetheless the first all-composite light business jet to fly; by 1996 over 170 test flight hours were accumulated on the airframe. Aside from the already unusual above-the-wing engine mounts, the design features a T-tail and a forward-swept wing.
- Crew: one or two pilots
- Capacity: six passengers
- Length: 11.25 m (36 ft 11 in)
- Wingspan: 11.24 m (36 ft 11 in)
- Height: 4.18 m (13 ft 9 in)
- Wing area: m² (ft²)
- Empty weight: kg (lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 3,600 kg (8,000 lb)
- Powerplant: 2× Pratt & Whitney JT15D1 turbofans, 5.9 kN (1,200 lbf) each
- Maximum speed: 654 km/h (353 kt)
- Cruise speed: km/h (kt)
- Range: km (nm)
- Service ceiling: m (ft)
- Rate of climb: m/s (ft/min)
- Wing loading: kg/m² (lb/ft²)
- Originally measured as 600 kgf.
Lists relating to aviation
|General||Timeline of aviation · Aircraft · Aircraft manufacturers · Aircraft engines · Aircraft engine manufacturers · Airports · Airlines|
|Military||Air forces · Aircraft weapons · Missiles · Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) · Experimental aircraft|
|Notable incidents |
|Military aviation · Airliners · General aviation · Famous aviation-related deaths|
|Records||Flight airspeed record · Flight distance record · Flight altitude record · Flight endurance record · Most produced aircraft|