From PlaneSpottingWorld, for aviation fans everywhere
The C-33 was to be operated by Air National Guard, but the plan was cancelled.
Advantages and disadvantages of a C-33 fleet
The Boeing C-33 has several advantages over the existing C-17 fleet :
- The cost of purchasing was lower than that of C-17.
- It has a much longer range, allowing it to fly halfway around the world with refueling, giving it a lower ground time.
However, the C-17 has several advantages:
- There was no need for cargo to be palleted, allowing for transport of tanks and Patriot missiles.
- Operation was possible from much shorter or rugged airstrips.
- While the capital cost of purchasing a larger fleet to handle the same amount of cargo is higher, the operating cost is significantly lower.
|This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Boeing C-33".